Palabora Copper (Pty) Ltd is a subsidiary of Palabora Mining Company Ltd. The company, has over the years played a critical role in the development of its employees and the community of Ba-Phalaborwa. We are committed to advancing transformation. In fact, we see corporate citizenry initiatives well entwined with the success and sustainability of our mining business.
We are one of the leading examples in the industry's co-existence with people and the environment.
In 2022 we invested over R20 million awarding 153 local learners bursaries
Community Development through IMPACT INVESTING
Creating value, beyond compliance by improving the lives of our employees and surrounding communities.
Supplier Development Beneficiaries
1. Johnrendy Projects (Pty) Ltd
2. Maphurunyana Trading Paint General Harware (Pty) Ltd
3. Laelo Construction & Projects
4. GMP Group
5. Dikelo Trading Enterprise CC
6. Mangena MRP Welding & Design CC
7. Bakone Projects & Logistics (Pty) Ltd
8. Waltzuz Projects CC
9. Thinavhuo (Pty) Ltd
10. Springbok Super Cleaners (Pty) Ltd
11. Noyongo Developers CC
12. Homus Environment CC
13. MakaselaAir (Pty) Ltd
14. Modupi Mining Suppliers (Pty) Ltd
15. Abanang Logistics CC
- Learn More
16. MJJ Main Road Radiators
17. Motho- Kwena Projects Management
18. Moagi Electrical & Building Construct
19. DRS TNM Motsoane (Pty) Ltd
20. EMNAM GENERAL TRADING (PTY) LTD
21. PETMERY ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGIES (PTY) LDT
22. NANDZU TRADE AND GENERAL PROJECTS CC
23. VEXOVAX (PTY) LTD
24. MJM MAINTENANCE INSTALLATIONS CC
25. SEMODI TRADING (PTY) LTD
26. RHALI TRADING AND PROJECTS (PTY) LTD
27. VELSMO TRADING AND PROJECTS CC
28. C MABASO Optometrist Prop
29. Asisebenzeni Maintenance Services and Supply Pty Ltd
30. Josmeck Trading
31. Bowa TNJ Pty Ltd
32. Tharama Trading Enterprise
33. KLEVAN DEVELOPMENT CC
34. KGL Engineering (Pty)Ltd
35. Mathicks Construction
36. THG TYRE SPECS (PTY) LTD
37. Vakanayena Enterprise (Pty) Ltd
38. Merwa Business Projects (Pty) LTD
Enterprise Development Beneficiaries
1. Kuzai Trading Enterprise
2. Xipfimba mahlo Farming (Pty)Ltd
3. Rootsval Engineering Services (Pty) Ltd
4. Greenlife Vegetables Project
5. Eureka Development (Pty) Ltd
6. Shitshunge Estate & Development
7. Twine & Phillip Trading
8. Asisebenzeni Maint Services & Supply
9. Nhlangulo Supply & Projects
10. Kgakakgolo Farming
11. Trick Tinyiko (Pty)
12. Dinakane Traditional Homestead
13. Mpule Sekedi Training
14. Mlasman Electrical Solutions (Pty) Ltd
15. Tinhena Holdings (Pty) Ltd
- Learn More
16. Josmeck Trading (Pty) Ltd
17. Raleputso Agricultual Coperative -Limited
18. Dlazi trading (Pty) Ltd
19. Khorone Car wash and Resturant (Pty) Ltd
20. Malekgele Pojects (Pty) Ltd
21. Victofin (Pty) Ltd
22. MOTHETI (Pty) Ltd
23. Mampudidi Property and development (Pty) Ltd
24. Mologadi Group Projects
25. Nkotini Trading Enterprise (Pty) Ltd
26. Montsheng Magase Construction (Pty) Ltd
27. MEC Ngobeni (Pty) Ltd
28. Morula Plumbing and Electrical Suppliers
29. Jakhuso Trading Enterprise cc
30. Maittedy (Pty) Ltd
31. Payporwax (Pty) Ltd
32. BIG-WORM TRADING (Pty) Ltd
33. RJ ITCommsstationers (Pty) Ltd
34. Mankukhe Trading (Pty) Ltd
35. Inhlanhla Yam (Pty) Ltd
36. Nomcebo Developers CC
37. Namakgale Mojakathata Auto Electronic And Body Parts (pty) ltd
38. Ntiyiso Electrical Services (Pty) Ltd
39. TS Mabunda Trading and Projects (Pty) Ltd
40. MUDZUGA MS BUSINESS (Pty) Ltd
41. Khindlimuka agricultural primary co-operative limited
42. MSIDO Trading (Pty) Ltd
43. Mmamohlape Trading (Pty) Ltd
44. BUGA GREEN EMPIRE (Pty) Ltd
45. Khotso and Mohau Services
46. Itirele Mosadi's Trading and Projects
47. Batubatse Global Construction (Pty) Ltd
48. Dikelman Construction (Pty) Ltd
Community Health & Infrastructure Projects
The high rate of HIV/AIDS is an immediate reality in Ba-Phalaborwa. The need for community infrastructure such as schools, clinics, libraries and other support projects is alarming. Realising the role we can play as an organisation, over the past nine years we have invested in infrastructure and community health projects. Electricity grid is also an essential service, ensuring that our hospitals, schools, government institutions and household have their lights on.
Phelang Wellness & Disease Management Centre:
Located in Namakgale Township, the project was started in 2012. The new facility that offers health care services to people mostly affected by HIV & AIDS. The project was a partnership between Palabora Foundation and Palabora Copper as well as Foskor. The construction works and operation at the Centre started in 2014.
Selwana Early Childhood Centre Project:
Children are the heartbeat and the future of every community and a nation. Realising the need for better infrastructure that is conducive to effective learning, Selwana children today have a much advanced and better schooling environment.
Marulamed Health Centre:
PMC built Marulamed Health Centre in 2018 after the closure of Clinix Private Hospital in Phalaborwa around February 2017. The Health Centre cater for the mine employees and the community at large and it opened its doors in March 2018.
Between 2011 and 2021 we have spent R120 million on roads and municipal electricity projects.
Rehabilitation of the Plaston Road:
Located in the Mpumalanga Province, the Plaston Road, the corridor to N4 from White River, the road stretched for about 8 kilometers.
Realizing the dilapidation of this strategic route, Palabora Copper made a conscious decision to rehabilitate the road for the benefits of all the users including our trucks ferrying magnetite to Maputo. The project started in 2013 and completed mid-2014.
The Namakgale Roads and Potholes Project: Namakgale is a Phalaborwa major Township. As part of IDP, 4 main roads (out of 19 roads) were captured as critical in the Namakgale township and PC was requested by the Municipality to rehabilitate some of the roads in the area spanning about 15 kilometers. The project started in 2013 and ended early 2017.
Rehabilitation of Molengraaf Street:
Located in Phalaborwa Town, Molengraaf was rehabilitated in 2018/2019, stretched for approximately 1 kilometre.
OR Tambo Road:
Located in Lulekani Township, PC is rehabilitating approximately 3 km of OR Tambo Road as part of SLP this road was captured as critical in the Lulekani township and PC was requested by the Municipality to rehabilitate it The project started in 2020 and is underway.
ParkStreet Park Street is located in Phalabora Town. The project started in 2020 and was completed in the same year.
3km has been constructed from scratch at Selwana village, the project started in July 2020 and its planned to be completed in June 2021.
School Projects The success of each community is dependent on the manner in which it educates and skills its people. It is often said that the future of every society is in the manner in which it treats its children. For the current SLP, PMC has committed to renovate and build kitchen and ablution facilities for schools, the schools that benefited are:
- Lepato High School painting
- Matome Malatji High School
- Makhushane Primary School
- Bollanoto Higher Primary School
- ST Patrick Primary School